Thursday, June 12, 2008

Albert, The

Jason: No, articles don't count in the name when choosing a restaurant. The Albert, on a residential street in Inman Park is the bar you wish you had in your neighborhood (unless you live around the corner from 5 Seasons, in which case you would be being very greedy to have both in your neighborhood when I don't have any good ones). Every table gets to dine with a famous Al, so we got to enjoy the company of a young Al Pacino. Al Gore was behind us. The place was nice dark wood with huge windows.

They say the food here is organic, though I don't know if that means everything. I think the menu said that the burgers are. Between that and the waitress telling me that they would be willing to cook a burger however I wanted I decided to go for it and asked for it medium rare. It's what I always ask for , but don't remember the last time I actually got one that came out less than medium or medium well. My side was grilled squash. Katy got the buffalo chicken wrap with jalepeno coleslaw. The food comes and my burger is actually medium rare! Our server told me that she told the kitchen to make it rare so they would get it right. It was a very good burger, but I think the grilled squash may have been better. I really don't think you could improve upon what they did. It was tender, but slightly crisp, and perfectly seasoned.



Katy's buffalo wrap was also quite good. The chicken was grilled instead of fried, which was a nice suprise, and the buffalo sauce had a nice kick that was considerably stronger than we would have guessed it would be. Far more than the jalepeno coleslaw, which while it was good coleslaw didn't seem to actually have any jalepenos in it.




Katy: What Jason forgets to mention is the excellent music playing during our whole lunch. Gotta love '80's power ballads. Jason didn't seem to appreciate it, but he's just a wee young thing.

Other than that, I'd pretty much second what he said. This was definitely the best buffalo chicken wrap I've had. Plenty of tasty sauce and the grilled chicken lets you pretend like it's healthy. It's a win win!

No comments: